There are many homeowners who are contented of putting large screens and high definition televisions in their home cinemas. For those who really would like to have the ultimate movie experience, a 3D television is the most preferred one.
There are different brands in the market that offer 3D TV technology. Even if these brands may differ in parts and quality, the basic mechanism remains the same.
How will you purchase a 3D television for your home? Here are the things that you need to consider when buying one.
- Before choosing a 3D television brand or model, you have to be sure that you really want a 3D- capable TV. This question must be addressed first because there are only few 3D movies available for the consumers as of the moment. Most materials are still using 2D technology in spite of the popularity that is being gained by the latest format.
But the good thing about having a 3D television is that you can choose 3D capable games and play them in a more exciting manner. Gaming will definitely be different since you will feel like you are actually part of the virtual world. It is simply amazing especially for those who are into this kind of entertainment.
- 3D glasses will also be needed when you buy a 3D television. This is because the images that the TV will be sending will need to be interpreted and displayed differently to have that illusion of depth in the images.
The two types of 3D glasses are the active and the passive ones. Choosing which type will be suitable for you is another challenge.
- Passive 3D glasses are those that you use in the theaters. They are cheaper and lighter in weight but the quality of the image is usually lost due to the lack of refinement in the images.
- Active 3D glasses are more expensive but the quality of the 3D images is good.
- Determine which other equipment you will need for your home theatre system that will go with your 3D television. These include the cables, wires, DVD player, sound system and speakers.
- The size of the screen should also be considered. You need to relate the screen size with the overall dimension of the room. In addition to that, the TV must also be positioned properly so that the eyes can easily be tricked by the 3D images.